2.11.2009

Healthy Competition

In Brooke's Kindergarten class they bring home word lists to help them learn sight words in preparation for reading. After the new year the teacher was requesting they bring their red folder in each week to help speed things along.
Today when I picked up Brooke from school she got in the car and in her very animated voice informed me she needed to bring back her red folder back.

"I know" I said. "

"No, mom. I need to bring it back. They other kids are on like word list 8 or 9 or10. They are ALL beating me!"

Nothing like a little healthy competition to keep the wheels of learning rolling.

In case I didn't get the message she left me this note by my plate at dinner time.
"You hfae to sine my red fodroe. Mome "

2 comments:

Me said...

OH HOW CUTE!! Love it! Those sight words work wonders, Jerald was reading in no time and has not quit! Love those sight words!!

The Harper Family said...

That is awesome!!!