11.01.2009

Grateful Hearts

Fitting for a month that celebrates the virtue of gratitude, our Relief Society lesson today focused on just that. I was glad for the gentle reminder of the gratitude we should have daily in our hearts for our Heavenly Father for all that He has given us. I feel richly blessed today as I was able to fast and feel of the Spirit so strongly. I am grateful for  the whisperings of the Spirit to questions I have spoken and even those unspoken. He knows my heart and I am so grateful for that.

I am amazed how much our Father in Heaven is aware of us and how he is constantly blessing us. I am now seeing as well, how that love is demonstrated in everything-especially the hard things. He can not and will not force us to learn, yet as a kind and loving Father He waits patiently by, hoping that we will recognize what blessings hard times can be.  I am so thankful for those times that stretch me to learn and to grow. They are my Heavenly Father’s way of reminding me that He is aware of me and wants me to grow, to be happy, and to see His hand in my life.

Some things I am especially grateful for today:

  • The gift of time
  • The Holy Ghost
  • General Conference talks
  • Heavenly Father’s eternal prospective and His willingness to share it with me at times
  • Seeing others be happy
  • The opportunity to repent
  • People that influence me to be better and try harder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You inspire me.