6.06.2010

{ My 3 Girls }

three girls blog 3 girls in 3 years! At the time when I had three under the age of three, I think that some days I was unsure if I was going to make it through. Now that they are older, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that they are so close in age. They are the best of friends and playmates. I love it when two of them will come inside arms around each other and say, " She's my best friend!" Whenever we say the "little girls" everyone knows who we are referring to. Too bad they aren't staying little for too long. 

Things they love to do together:

  • play babies
  • jump on the trampoline
  • ride scooters and bikes together
  • playing school-they often have a hard time deciding who will be the teacher and many times end up either arguing or having a class with three teachers and invisible students, which they say is more fun anyways.
  • coloring
  • playing Strawberry Shortcake game
  • loading up my bed with ALL of their toys. I am not exactly sure the name of this game. Some days I think it's called, "Make mommy frustrated game"
  • playing doggies with their real leash. It usually  ends with Scott attacking their dog bowls full of water or goldfish. They are trying to teach him to crawl around and be the dog and that seems to be working better.
  • Reading to each other

Brooke blog

Brooke 7 years Old

  • Loves to color and write letters
  • Loves to do homework and any worksheet she can get her hands on
  • Loves her new 2nd grade teacher
  • So excited for the new baby to come. She can't stop staring at my belly each day and exclaiming, "It's just getting so big!"
  • Likes to sneak flashlights in her room so she can read after she has been tucked in bed.
  • Very dramatic!
  • Likes to use big words-some are real, some are made up; and then look for our reaction when she uses them in a sentence.
  • Definitely has a lot of fashion sense. A couple years ago she used to lay out "outfits" for me on my floor.I might need to have her do that again. I feel very drab in my outfits these days.
  • Having her hair pulled partially back with a ribbon is her favorite way to wear her hair. Having it down and straightened with the iron would run a close second.
  • Likes to wear flips flops and any kind of "high heal" type of shoe.
  • Loves to build tree houses with Austin and the girls.
  • Loves organizing
  • Loves to put pencils, notebooks, crayons, markers, and paper in backpacks and folders. Has to always have all these things with her when we leave the house. Even if it's just for a few minutes, she loves to be prepared for the off chance of possible boredom in the van.
Erika blog

Erika 5 years old:

  • Loves to write letters to everyone in the family and tape them on our doors or leave them in special hiding places.
  • Loves kindergarten
  • Loves to play school
  • Still loves milk. She is down to the 2 sippy cups a day habit. Yes, a sippy cup. I am weak, very weak.
  • Loves to get out of the bath and brush her hair smooth and straight. She is often disappointed in the morning when it is “puffy” as she puts it.
  • Very laid back about what she wears. She will still let me pick about anything out for her to wear without much discussion.
  • Loves to eat pasta!
  • Very excited for her birthday. She is always counting down the days-usually starting the day after her birthday.
  • Not a big breakfast eater.
  • Loves to play outside.
  • Gets excited for fast Sunday because “it goes so fast” she insists.
  • She is a morning person. She wakes up happy and cheerful and at the same time everyday. She is always the first one awake on weekends too.
  • Gives great hugs
  • Loves to practice her word lists

Abby blog
Abby 4 years old:

  • Loves to play babies. She carries around her pink baby diaper bag with all her babies stuff in it. She is very nurturing and loves to rock her babies to sleep and hold them propped on her hip.
  • Still takes a nap with me.
  • Shares a room with Brianna.
  • Loves to drink juice. Most our kids love water or milk, but she is a juice girl.
  • Calls Honey Nut Cheerios-Honey Butt Cheerios. I try to correct her every time, but she still says it this way -and with a straight face.
  • Is in the awkward squinty eye phase for picture taking, and doesn’t let me take pictures of her as painless and often as she did before.
  • Only weighs 3 lbs. more than Scott who is 2 1/2 years younger than her. She was our tiniest baby and still is very petite.
  • Very emotional about how her hair is done on Sundays. No other day-just Sundays.
  • Loves to wear flip flops.
  • Likes to ride her bike with training wheels on it.
  • Has issues opening the back door to come inside. At least 5-10 times a day she will come to the door. Knock. I will look at her from the computer and say,”turn hard”, and she will say in her cutest voice, “my hands are slippawee” (slippery).
  • Loves to play with Scott until he pulls her hair or tackles her down.
  • Loves to practice writing her letters and drawing pictures.
  • Is not a morning person. She is usually the last one up, and like me doesn’t usually wake up very cheerfully.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So fun to read what the girls are up to and their cute little personalities. I love the 'make mom frustrated game'. My kids know that one too. Oh, and I love the fast Sunday one. Too funny.

Like your new blog look. The tabs are fun, aren't they? I haven't decided what else I'll do with them. The family mission statement is a good idea.

We need to talk soon!