2.16.2010

The Starbuck Cafe

Table sign blog

Upon settling in the hotel, everyone was famished from a nice day at church. Luckily, the Starbuck Cafe was open for business and had lunch ready to serve. We had brought back our little pink kitchen set, which had been in storage since Christmas, and it was like Christmas all over again. Erika has been begging me for the last two weeks to bring it back, and I knew that this would be a perfect time for it to make an appearance.

Starbuck cafe blog 

I had set up the dining room like a little French cafe, complete with a view of the Eiffel tower. I found this stick on Eiffel tower at Hobby Lobby (love that store) and then added poster board for the windows and taped together placemats for the curtains. (You have to improvise a bit at the wee hours of the morning when I was putting this together. It seemed to work because Austin asked me afterwards when I was taking them down where I got them. I pulled the tape off, held the two placemats in my hands, and the light bulb went off in his head. “oh, that’s so cool!)

                   Starbuck cafe 2 blog     Eiffel Tower window blog

The menu for the afternoon:

  • Crackers and cheese appetizers
  • Heart shaped mini sandwiches
  • Red apples
  • Fruit snack
  • Choice of chips
  • Milk or water
  • Mini frosted cookies

Heart shaped sandwiches blog

One of the presents we got for the girls was some little writing pads they could take orders down on in their kitchen. The kids had fun taking each others orders, serving each other, and ringing the bell for service from their waiter or waitress. They even got up and danced around and sang silly songs for the live entertainment at the cafe.

Guest checks blog

Kids lunch blog

1 comment:

Libby said...

Um, how do you even have time to do all this??? I feel so lame in comparison. You are seriously AMAZING!