11.21.2010

{ Self Portrait Sunday }

Okay, so I am NOT really starting a self-portrait Sunday, but that is the only day lately that I seem to actually be in something more than sweat pants and flip flops. I was looking through the pictures since we went digital three years ago, and of the thousands of pictures we’ve taken, there are less than a dozen of me! How sad is that? I am usually behind the camera, and my automatic reaction when someone points the camera at me it to turn away.

On one of the shelves above our couch I have a picture of my mom holding Erika on the swing when she was younger. It’s one of my favorite pictures, and even though it’s five years old, I don’t think it will ever be one of the ones I will replace. I treasure the pictures I have of my own mother, and it makes me a little sad that my own kids have so few of me. I’ve decided to let my kids take more pictures of me, and enjoy what I look like in my 30’s. I’m sure when I am 90 and a little more wrinkly, I’ll wish I had more pictures when I was younger.=)

So for now, just humor me, and know these are for posterity sake. And aren’t you proud of me, no one else in the picture with me-I’m trying to shed my fear-of-picture-aloneness. That and Scott had fallen asleep in the car on the way home from church and there was really no other willing soul.

Monae sunday 11 21 blogmonae sunday 11 21 close up blog

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have fear of 'being alone in a picture' too. Good for you! Love your scarf!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

You radiate Monae!!! Love the scarf too!!!

Amy Ritter said...

You are like Mary Poppins Practically Perfect in every way. SO BEAUTIFUL!